I’ve been AWFUL at updating. I’ve been attempting to live my best life the last six months and I’ve been doing an okay job of it.
A brief summary:
- I reported this feature on the struggles people of color and white entrepreneurs face when trying to get business money.
- I collected tape of sick dogs for this episode of Death, Sex and Money.
- I ran my first 10K, skipped another one, and ran a 5K.
- Volunteered at an urban farm.
- Bought a new sofa, got my HGTV on, and sewed some sweet throw pillow covers.
- Accomplished social media nirvana with my most-liked tweet.
- Actually finished a novel. (I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez.)
- Paid off a big credit card bill.
- Re-calibrated my meds, resulting in a happier me.
- Tested the limits of our marriage by helping JR put his contacts in after he broke his middle finger.
- Was within two feet of Tyra Banks when she was a guest on our mid-day show.
Here are some photos of the last six months. This is why my Instagram “aesthetic” is trash.